August 1, 2010

Sorry for the delay in writing. We've been busy eating.

It's been two weeks since our last update. Aside from being busy bees in our daily lives, we've been busy working in TYsVeggiePatch.  Just about every other day we perform one or all of the following tasks: weed, water, transplant, killing bugs, or harvest.

We had a few workmen in our house doing some work and one of them noticed our garden.  At the time, I pointed out that we had LOTS of tomatoes, but they were still green.  He said his were coming in like crazy and he couldn't keep up with them.  The next day when he came to finish the work, he brought us four huge tomatoes from his garden.  He said, in a heavy North Carolina accent, "These two I picked fresh. These others I picked yesterday."  I thought, man us gardens sure can be particular.  The fact that the tomatoes he picked yesterday he did not considered "fresh" made me laugh. And yet... I completely understand.  :)

At long last, we have red tomatoes!!  I believe this was our very first vine-ripened tomato and okra. 


Over the last two weeks, these next few pictures are good representations of what our kitchen has looked like.















We ended up with three medium sized cantaloupes from our mystery plants.  And boy were they yummy!


~Y

No comments: