August 11, 2011

VEG: Pepperlicious

written by Yvonne

I've been busier than normal lately so I'm a bit behind on veg posts.  After next week, things should be back to normal.

The bell peppers are FANTASTIC!  These were the first to be harvested.  I grilled them with a red onion and made fajitas. Yum, yum!


The red okra is flowering and is very pretty. I didn't realize it when I took this picture but there is a wasp, well camouflaged, sitting at the base of the flower. Do you see it?


Our one fully grown tomato plant has one tomato so far, but lots of flowers.


Tom started broccoli in peat pots a while back. They are now ready to be put in the beds. Tom swears that this time, we are going to get broccoli, not just broccoli plants.


$21 worth of bell peppers right here, my friends. FAJITAS!!


No comments: