May 22, 2012

More Veg.

written by Yvonne

This weekend was mostly standard yard work; mowing, edging, spreading pine needles, etc. Got the berry bush area looking nice with a new layer of pine needles.  Olive found the pine needles to be nice and cushy - a perfect shady spot to chill.


THEY'RE TURNING BLACK, THEY'RE TURNING BLACK!!


And yes, I realize that just because a few have turned black doesn't mean they're quite ripe yet... but I couldn't help myself. I ate one and OOooh doggy! was it tart


Look! Our squash blossoms have squash growing behind them. Yep, green squash alright.


What? You think that's zucchini, not squash?  But... I feel CERTAIN I planted squash seeds.  ?
Look! Our zucchini blossoms have zucchini growing behind them!


This picture of borlotto beans is from last Thursday when I planted the seedlings.


Here they are, a mere five days later. WOW! There were four plants but only two had popped up. Now, all four are up and they've just about doubled in size.


No comments: