April 8, 2015

What Color is Spring? Green!

written by Yvonne

Why do weeds grow so well in winter? I guess the berries grew too, you just can't see them because they are surrounded by weeds. Time to hand pull and ton of junk from the brambles.

Before (left side of bed).


After.


Before (right side of bed).


After. I didn't quite finish this side but it's good for now. Talk about A LOT of work!


Olive and Honey were big help in the yard as always. As I cleared a spot of weeds, Olive would lay in that spot. It warmed up nicely as the day progressed so I took off my socks and continued weeding. As you can see Honey found those socks and brought them to a patch that hadn't been weeded yet. Guess she wanted to ensure that I knew this area still needed to be worked on.


Lettuce still producing very well...


as is spinach.


And again this week collards were harvested - five bags worth...


and four bags of lettuce and spinach.


No comments: